Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
With detailed coverage of surgical procedures, Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal is an authoritative, two-volume reference on the art and science of small animal surgery. Expert contributors discuss surgical principles and procedures for topics ranging from surgical biology and perioperative care, to neurosurgery orthopedic surgery, and soft tissue surgery, always supported by evidence-based research and complete surgical instructions. More procedures are covered with greater detail than in comparable books, and a greater emphasis on pathophysiology shows how it relates to diagnosis, treatment, and overall case management. Experienced Coeditors Karen Tobias and Spencer Johnston provide the definitive reference for veterinary surgery, invaluable preparation for the ACVS and ECVS board examinations.Table of Contents
- Blend of clinical and basic science information provides the best possible understanding of clinical issues surrounding operative situations.
- Specific procedures are covered in great detail and are brought to life with full-color drawings and photographs.
- Highly recognized contributors provide authoritative coverage that is useful for surgical specialists as well as practicing veterinarians who perform surgery or refer cases for surgery.
- Detailed coverage of small animal surgery provides excellent preparation for the written examination of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, and the European College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Comprehensive coverage includes surgical biology, surgical methods and perioperative care, neurosurgery, and orthopedics in Volume I; soft tissue surgery is covered in Volume II.
- Coverage of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology in chapters on specific organs includes information critical to operative procedures and patient management.
- In-depth chapters on anesthesia and pain provide indispensable resources for practicing surgeons.
- Treatment of cancers in small animals is covered in chapters on surgical oncology, tumors of the spine, and musculoskeletal neoplasia.
- Extensive references to published studies show the factual basis for the material.
- The companion website includes all of the images in the book for convenient access, plus references linked to original abstracts on PubMed.
"Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal has finally arrived. This textbook has been eagerly anticipated by many veterinary surgeons...Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal is a two -volume reference text that covers in great detail all aspects of small animal surgery...The book contains key up-to-date references, giving a sound review of the evidence and a factual base behind the content...This textbook is a 'must-have' for surgical specialists, training specialists and veterinarians who perform surgery or regularly refer cases for surgery. It is definitely not a light read, but then again, surgical procedures, no matter how routine, should not be taken lightly."
Vet Record, June 2012
"Tobias's two-volumes provide a very broad overview of small animal veterinary surgery from the history of the science to the latest advanced surgical techniques such as brain surgery or microcamera thoracoscopy. The authors (authors more than 150 specialists) take in to account all aspects of the condtions from the diagnosis to post op care. Anaesthesia and pain management are not overlooked...(The book is) well illustrated with drawings and pictures and references are either available online or at the end of the chapters."
Vet Today, March 2013