The Dental Hygienist's Guide to Nutritional Care - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$72.95|
New to This Edition
- NEW information on relevant cultural issues, such as:
- UPDATED content addresses the newly released MyPyramid dietary guidelines!
- FULL-COLOR design better illustrates concepts, especially the effects vitamin deficiency can have on the oral cavity.
Pros and cons of popular high-protein diets
Vitamin D deficiency in the United States
Information on bottled water, energy drinks, and sports drinks
- Multi-disciplinary author team, including registered dental hygienists and licensed dietitians, ensures that you learn the full scope of nutritional care for the dental hygienist.
- Boxes with information on Nutritional Directions and Dental Hygiene Considerations outline important facts from each chapter that can double as patient educational resources or be used to assess and evaluate a client's needed dental care.
- Learning Objectives, Key Terms, and Test Your NQ, a true-false format pre-test at the beginning of each chapter, guide students through the text to reinforce knowledge.
- Case Applications for the Dental Hygienist near the end of each chapter asks students to think critically about real-life situations they may encounter in practice.
- Evolve Website includes ready-made instructor resources. Students will benefit from expanded information available as Weblinks, food guides from around the world, and printable forms such as an interactive Food Diary Form and the Dietary Analysis Form.