Professional Nursing, 6th Edition
Concepts & Challenges
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$73.95|
This easy-to-read text introduces you to the issues and trends you're likely to encounter in any nursing practice setting. Each stand-alone chapter introduces and explores a specific topic and gives insightful discussions of issues such as the health care delivery system, professionalization in nursing, standards and scope of practice, socialization and nursing theories surrounding the profession, and political action facing nurses.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content on topics such as the socialization of nursing, nursing activism, evidence-based practice, and nursing education degree programs, ensures that you have the most up-to-date and relevant information for your career.
- A variety of student activities for each chapter on the Evolve companion website help you apply topics presented in the text.
- Evidence-based Practice boxes offer insight and highlight research that affects patient care.
- Case studies allow you to put information from the text into practice.
- Critical thinking questions and challenges guide you to apply chapter-relevant information to scenarios and envision a personal philosophy of nursing.
- Interviews with practicing nurses focus your attention on pertinent information throughout the text.
- Cultural Consideration Challenges help you develop cultural sensitivity and familiarize you with cultural influences.
- News Notes tie information from the text to real-life nursing situations
- Historical notes emphasize chapter content by providing interesting side notes about the changes in nursing practice.
By Kay Kittrell Chitty, RN, EdD, CS, Adjunct Faculty, College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC and Beth Perry Black, RN, MSN, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill School of Nursing, Chapel Hill, NC