AANA Advanced Arthroscopy: The Wrist and Elbow
Expert Consult: Online, Print and DVD
AANA Advanced Arthroscopy: The Wrist and Elbow, by Felix H. Savoie, III, MD and Larry D. Field, MD, helps you make the most effective use of advanced and emerging, state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques for managing a wide range of wrist and elbow problems. Premier arthroscopic surgeons discuss disease-specific options, managing and avoiding complications, and rehabilitation protocols…in print and online. 15 videos demonstrate arthroscopic RH resection for post-traumatic arthritis, arthroscopic management of ulnotriquetral abutment, arthroscopy and the management of MC and phalangeal fractures, two-portal CTR: the Chow technique, elbow PLICA arthroscopic débridement, and more.
- Access the fully searchable text, along with a video library of procedures and links to PubMed online at expertconsult.com.
- Stay current through coverage of hot topics like Osteocapsular Arthroplasty of the Elbow; Elbow Fractures; Arthroscopic Excision of Dorsal Ganglion; Midcarpal Instability: Arthroscopic Techniques; Acute Scaphoid Fractures in Nonunions; Carpal, Metacarpal, and Phalangeal Fractures; and Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release: Chow Technique.
- Hone your skills thanks to 15 videos of techniques-on Arthroscopic RH Resection for Post-Traumatic Arthritis, Arthroscopic Management of Ulnotriquetral Abutment, Arthroscopy and the Management of MC and Phalangeal Fractures, Two-Portal CTR: The Chow Technique, Elbow PLICA Arthroscopic Débridement, and more-performed by experts.
- See arthroscopic surgical details in full color and understand nuances through interpretative drawings of technical details.
- Optimize surgical results and outcomes with an emphasis on advanced and emerging arthroscopic techniques, surgical tips, and pearls.
"Fifty-four international specialists contribute 36 chapters to one text in a five-book series providing clinicians with state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques for the shoulder, elbow and wrist, hip, knee, and foot and ankle. Chapters focusing on the elbow cover the basics of positioning, instrumentation and operative setup for arthroscopy and for diagnostic arthroscopy of the joint; advanced procedures including osteocapsular arthroplasty of the elbow; the future of elbow arthroscopy, including triceps repair and treatment of elbow fractures; and complications. Chapters focusing on the wrist section address setup, anatomy, portal, and diagnostic basics; basic procedures, including excision of dorsal ganglion; advanced procedures for midcarpal instability, acute scaphoid fractures in nonunions, and carpal, metacarpal, and phalangeal fractures; carpal tunnel release; and complications. The material is illustrated throughout with full-color photographs and interpretive drawings of technical details. The accompanying CD-ROM contains 15 videos of techniques; users can also access the fully searchable text and supplemental materials online."
- Book News, Inc.
By Felix H. Savoie, III, Co-Director, Upper Extremity Service, Mississippi Sports Medicine, Jackson, MS; Clinical and Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, University of Mississippi School of Medicine and Larry D. Field, Co-Director, Upper Extremity Service, Mississippi Sports Medicine, Jackson, MS; Clinical Instructor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, University of Mississippi School of Medicine