Principles of Neurological Surgery, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Principles of Neurosurgery, by Drs. Richard G. Ellenbogen, Saleem I. Abdulrauf and Laligam N Sekhar, provides a broad overview of neurosurgery ideal for anyone considering or training in this specialty. From general principles to specific techniques, it equips you with the perspectives and skills you need to succeed. Comprehensive without being encyclopedic, this new edition familiarizes you with the latest advances in the field-neuroimaging, the medical and surgical treatment of epilepsy, minimally invasive techniques, and new techniques in position and incisions-and shows you how to perform key procedures via an online library of surgical videos at www.expertconsult.com. No other source does such an effective job of preparing you for this challenging field!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Master key procedures by watching experts perform them in a video library online at www.expertconsult.com, where you can also access the fully searchable text, an image gallery, and links to PubMed.
- Keep up with recent advances in neurosurgery with fully revised content covering neuroimaging, the medical and surgical treatment of epilepsy, minimally invasive techniques, new techniques in position and incisions, deep brain stimulation, cerebral revascularization, and treatment strategies for traumatic brain injury in soldiers.
- Apply the latest guidance from new chapters on Cerebral Revascularization, Principles of Modern Neuroimaging, Principles of Operative Positioning, Pediatric Stroke and Moya-Moya, Anomalies of Craniovertebral Junction, and Degenerative Spine Disease.
- Tap into truly global perspectives with an international team of contributors led by Drs. Richard G. Ellenbogen and Saleem I. Abdulrauf.
- Find information quickly and easily thanks to a full-color layout and numerous detailed illustrations.
- Get comprehensive coverage of neurosurgery, including pre- and post- operative patient care, neuroradiology, pediatric neurosurgery, neurovascular surgery, trauma surgery, spine surgery, oncology, pituitary adenomas, cranial base neurosurgery, image-guided neurosurgery, treatment of pain, epilepsy surgery, and much more.
- Gain a clear visual understanding from over 1,200 outstanding illustrations-half in full color-including many superb clinical and operative photographs, surgical line drawings, and at-a-glance tables.
- Apply best practices in neuroimaging techniques, minimally invasive surgery, epilepsy surgery, and pediatric neurosurgery.
"Fills a unique niche in the world of neurosurgery textbooks...An excellent introduction to most of the basic principles and problems of neurosurgery. To quote the editors, it is 'comprehensive without being encyclopedic.'"
-NEJM, review of the previous edition
"This book succeeds in providing a visual understanding of the essentials of neurosurgery. The illustrations -- imaging, pathology, operative, diagrams, tables, and figures are spectacular and abundanat. The selected reference list is updated and the index is well organized. The legacy of Christopher C. Getch and Setti S. Rengachary, to whom this edition is dedicated, continues."
- Doody's review, Score: 99
"...the editors are to be appluaded for a remarkable consistency and homogeneity of text despite its 54 chapters being scribed by over 150 authors. At least 50 of them appear still to be in training from their affiliations. 'Rengachary' is therefore a book by registrars for registrars, although the next generation may come to know it as 'Ellenbogen'....it reamains a recommended overview, as its name suggests, of the principles for a growing specialty, whether a junior registrar cribbing for a teaching session or a senior registrar easing into cramming for exit examinations."
- Informa Healthcare
By Richard G. Ellenbogen, MD, FACS, Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine; Theodore S. Roberts Endowed Chair in Neurological Surgery, Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center and Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA; Saleem I. Abdulrauf, MD, FACS, Neurosurgeon-in-Chief, Saint Louis University Hospital; Professor, Neurological Surgery, Director, Saint Louis Center for Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine; Secretary General, World Federation of Skull Base Societies; Saint Louis, MO and Laligam N Sekhar, MD, FACS, Vice Chairman William Joseph Leedom and Bennett Bigelow Professor Director, Cerebrovascular Surgery, Co - Director, Skull Base Surgery Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center President, World Federation of Skull Base Societies 2008-2012