Mosby's Pharmacy Technician, 3rd Edition
Principles and Practice
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$89.95|
Take your first step toward a successful career as a pharmacy technician with Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition. This comprehensive text makes essential skills and concepts approachable and easy to understand with clear writing, expert insight, and engaging study tools. Ensure success in class and in your future career with a fundamental understanding of basic sciences, the role of the pharmacy technician in the pharmacy setting, medication safety, drug classifications, and more!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Medication Safety and Error Prevention chapter helps you confidently address growing concerns related to patient safety and prevent medication-related errors.
- Revised Math Calculations chapter incorporates helpful information to clarify complex pharmaceutical calculations.
- Updated content prepares you for the Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTC) exam and highlights current concerns you'll encounter in the workforce:
- HIPAA regulations
- The Medicare Modernization Act
- Legal parameters for the sale of pseudoephedrine products
- The issuance of multiple Schedule II prescriptions
- Pending legislation requirements for Medicaid prescriptions
- The United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
- New full-color photographs familiarize you with current practice settings.
- Learning games and certification review quizzes on the companion Evolve website reinforce your understanding and challenge you to apply what you've learned.
- Complete coverage of community and institutional pharmacy practice settings helps you understand your valuable role as a pharmacy technician.
- A&P content helps you understand how drugs work in the human body.
- Comprehensive drug tables provide fast, easy access to essential pharmaceutical facts.
- Tech Notes and Tech Alerts highlight steps you can take to enhance efficiency and avoid common errors on the job.
- Pharmacist's Perspective boxes provide practical insight on common scenarios you'll encounter in practice.
- Technician's Corner boxes challenge you to apply your critical thinking skills to chapter content.
- Abbreviated drug monographs familiarize you with essential pharmaceutical data for common drugs:
- Generic/trade names
- Route of administration
- Common dosage
- Side effects
- Auxiliary label
By Teresa Hopper, BS, CPhT, Instructor of Pharmacy Technology, Boston Reed College, Napa, CA