AANA Advanced Arthroscopy: The Foot and Ankle
Expert Consult: Online, Print and DVD
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
AANA Advanced Arthroscopy: The Foot and Ankle, by Ned Amendola, MD and James W. Stone, MD, helps you make the most effective use of advanced and emerging, state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques for managing a wide range of foot and ankle problems. Premier arthroscopic surgeons discuss disease-specific options, managing and avoiding complications, and rehabilitation protocols…in print and online. 14 videos demonstrate brostrum repair, ankle arthroscopy in acute ankle fracture, chevron malleolar osteotomy and OATS, radial TFCC repair with anchor, endoscopic treatment of FHL tendinopathy, anterior ankle arthroscopy for fusion, great toe arthroscopy for soft tissue impingement, and more.
- Access the fully searchable text, along with a video library of procedures and links to PubMed, online at expertconsult.com.
- Stay current through coverage of hot topics like Osteochondral Lesions of the Talar Dome: Cartilage Replacement, Tendoscopy; Degenerative Arthritis of the Ankle; Complex Fusions: Ankle, Subtalar, and Triple; and Great Toe Arthroscopy.
- Hone your skills thanks to 14 videos of techniques-on Brostrum Repair, Ankle Arthroscopy in Acute Ankle Fracture, Chevron Malleolar Osteotomy and OATS, Radial TFCC Repair with Anchor, Endoscopic Tx of FHL Tendinopathy, Anterior Ankle Arthroscopy for Fusion, Great Toe Arthroscopy for Soft Tissue Impingement, and more-performed by experts.
- See arthroscopic surgical details in full color and understand nuances through interpretative drawings of technical details.
- Optimize surgical results and outcomes with an emphasis on advanced and emerging arthroscopic techniques, surgical tips, and pearls.
"Forty international specialists contribute 20 chapters to one text in a five- book series providing clinicians with state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques for the shoulder, elbow and wrist, hip, knee, and foot and ankle. The opening materials cover the basics<-->gross anatomy of the ankle and subtalar joints, instrumentation and operative setup for arthroscopy and for diagnostic arthroscopy of these joints. Subsequent chapters discuss surgical options and techniques, managing and avoiding complications, and rehabilitation protocols for specific diseases and conditions. Topics addressed include bony and soft tissue impingement, posterior ankle techniques, treatment of joint instability, ankle fractures, osteochondral lesions of the talar dome, tendoscopy, degenerative arthritis of the ankle, complex fusions, and great toe arthroscopy. The material is illustrated throughout with full-color photographs and interpretive drawings of technical details. The accompanying CD-ROM contains 14 videos of techniques; users can also access the fully searchable text and supplemental materials online."
-Book News, Inc.
By Ned Amendola, Professor, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Iowa City, IA; Director, University of Iowa Sports Medicine Center and James W. Stone, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI