Spine Surgery, 2-Volume Set, 3rd Edition
Techniques, Complication Avoidance and Management (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Make the best use of the latest techniques with step-by-step guidance from Spine Surgery. Edited by Edward C. Benzel, this best-selling neurosurgery reference explores the full spectrum of surgical techniques used in spine surgery and delivers the comprehensive, cutting-edge guidance you need to achieve successful outcomes.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Grasp and apply the latest knowledge from more than 25 brand-new chapters, as well as extensive revisions or total rewrites to the majority of existing chapters to present all of the most up-to-date information available on every aspect of spine surgery including motion preservation technologies, endovascular management, back pain and psychosocial interactions, biomechanics, and more.
- Consult with the best. Renowned neurosurgery authority Edward C. Benzel leads an international team of accomplished neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons - many new to this edition - who provide dependable guidance and share innovative approaches to surgical techniques and complications management.
- Equip yourself to address increasing occurrences of pain among aging and physically active patients.
Access the information you need, where you need it on your laptop or mobile device via www.expertconsult.com, with fully searchable text, 30 additional online-only chapters, a wealth of procedural videos, online updates from the experts, downloadable image gallery and links to PubMed.
- Glean essential, up-to-date information in one comprehensive reference that explores the full spectrum of techniques used in spine surgery.
- Hone your surgical skills and technique with intraoperative videos and more than 800 outstanding illustrations demonstrating each technique step by step.
"What a magnificent contribution to the field of spine surgery, an area that is rapidly changing and full of controversies. Authored by the father of modern spine surgery, it reflects the knowledge and experience of 417 national and international contributors with various backgrounds. Readers can access the online version 24/7 from anywhere to search for any topic or watch operative videos. On every topic, it takes readers back to the basics, physiology, pathophysiology, biomechanics, and the logic behind management. It presents the new understanding in areas such as motion segment preservation and new developments such as minimally invasive spine surgery and stereotactic radiosurgery. There may be no one right answer to patient management, but certainly the book provides sufficient evidence for surgeons to proceed logically."- Ramsis Ghaly, MD, FACS (Ghaly Neurosurgical Associates) 4 star Doody rating!
By Edward C. Benzel, MD, Chair, Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA