The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Respiratory System, 2nd Edition
Respiratory System, 2nd Edition provides a concise and highly visual approach to the basic sciences and clinical pathology of this body system. This volume in The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations (the CIBA "Green Books") has been expanded and revised by Dr. David Kaminsky to cover important topics like pulmonary hypertension, COPD, asthma, drug-resistant TB, modern endoscopic and surgical techniques, and more. Classic Netter art, updated illustrations, and modern imaging make this timeless work essential to your library.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Grasp the nuances of the pathophysiology of today’s major respiratory conditions-including pulmonary hypertension, COPD, asthma, environmental lung disease, sleep disorders, infections of the immunocompromised, neonatal breathing disorders, and drug-resistant TB, and modern endoscopic and surgical techniques-through advances in molecular biology and radiologic imaging.
- Benefit from the expertise of the new editor, David Kaminsky, MD, who contributes significant experience in asthma and general pulmonary and critical care medicine, and his team of world class contributors.
- Clearly see the connection between basic and clinical sciences with an integrated overview of normal structure and function as it relates to pathologic conditions.
- Apply a visual approach-with the classic Netter art, updated illustrations, and modern imaging-to normal and abnormal body function and the clinical presentation of the patient.
- Tap into the perspectives of an international advisory board for content that reflects the current global consensus.
- Access rare illustrations in one convenient source from the only Netter work devoted specifically to the respiratory system.
- Get a complete overview of the respiratory system through multidisciplinary coverage from physiology and biochemistry to adult and pediatric medicine and surgery.
- Gain a quick understanding of complex topics from a concise text-atlas format that provides a context bridge between primary and specialized medicine.
"The book focuses on broad categories in pulmonology and augments substantially the presentation of the last edition. Illustrations and graphics are outstanding and make this the masterpiece that it is. For pulmonologists, the book achieves its likely intended goals well. I would personally consider it an essential resource."
- Joel Seidman, MD, William Beaumont Hospitals
4 Star - Doody's Rating, March 2013
By David Kaminsky, MD, Associate Professor, Fletcher Allen Health Care, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT