The Language of Medicine - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 9th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$82.95|
New to This Edition
- Medical report exercises in each chapter utilize chart notes, histories, and reports to give you practice working with realistic documents.
- Additional pathology photos clarify terminology and help you identify medical conditions you may encounter in practice.
- Updated content reflects the latest advances in digestive system operative procedures, the human genome project, normal values for tests in practical applications, and muscle function.
- The companion CD tests your ability to identify terms by their pronunciation and provides a fun, engaging way to review terms through games, study tips, photographs, video clips, and animations.
- A companion Evolve website enables you to assess your understanding with quizzes for each chapter that provide immediate feedback to help you identify specific areas for review.
- Clear, straightforward approach makes content easy to understand without any previous medical or scientific background.
- Text/workbook combination facilitates valuable independent study opportunities through labeling exercises, pronunciation tests, and review sheets.
- Practical case studies, vignettes, and exercises familiarize you with real-life applications of terminology.
- Full-color images reinforce anatomical and pathophysiological terms.
- Pronunciation of Terms list at the end of each chapter breaks down terms phonetically to help you master proper pronunciations.