Swaiman's Pediatric Neurology, 5th Edition
Principles and Practice, 2-Volume Set
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Swaiman’s Pediatric Neurology, by Drs. Kenneth Swaiman, Stephen Ashwal, Donna Ferriero, and Nina Schor, is a trusted resource in clinical pediatric neurology with comprehensive, authoritative, and clearly-written guidance. Extensively updated to reflect advancements in the field, this fifth edition covers new imaging modalities such as pediatric neuroimaging, spinal fluid examination, neurophysiology, as well as the treatment and management of epilepsy, ADHD, infections of the nervous system, and more. The fully searchable text is now available online at www.expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images and procedural videos demonstrating intraventricular hemorrhage and white matter injury, making this an indispensable multimedia resource in pediatric neurology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with 16 additional online-only chapters, downloadable images, videos demonstrating intraventricular hemorrhage and white matter injury, and links to PubMed.
- Stay current on recent developments through extensive revisions: a new chapter on paraneoplastic syndromes in children; a new section on congenital brain malformations written by leading international authorities; and another one on cutting-edge pediatric neuroscience concepts relating to plasticity, neurodegeneration of the developing brain, and neuroinflammation.
- Apply the latest information on diagnostic modalities, including pediatric neuroimaging, spinal fluid examination, and neurophysiology.
- Gain a clear visual understanding from the numerous illustrations, informative line drawings, and summary tables.
- Tap into the expertise of the authoritative and respected team of editors and contributors.
- Get comprehensive coverage of all aspects of pediatric neurology with a clinical focus useful for both the experienced clinician and the physician-in-training.
"Owning this book is a potential major hazard to workplace productivity...there is the amazing online electronic version that can lead you seamlessly from one compelling section to another, with amusing diversions via Pub Med on the way. Whole days could be passed like this, so enormously interesting, wide-ranging and well-presented is the content...This book is suitable for paediatric neurologists of all vintages and would make an excellent addition to any personal, departmental or hospital library. It is comprehensive, stimulating and engaging and I plan to direct trainees to it as a reference source. It is a long time since I put my hand in my pocket to purchase a textbook, but if I had not been fortunate enough to have been asked to review this book, I believe I would have made an exception...Swaiman et al has found a firm place on my occupational bookshelf."
European Journal of Paediatric Neurology, November 2012,
"Most of us who had the privilege of reviewing previous editions of this book gave it our unqualified recommendation, and this edition warrants the same high praise. Pediatric Neurology: Principles and Practice represents the combined knowledge and experience of many of the best minds in child neurology. It remains the sole indispensable standard not only for neurologists treating children but also for psychiatrists, pediatricians, developmentalists, rehabilitation specialists, and those in related disciplines. It is unlikely that anyone caring for children with neurological disorders can or should practice without it."
Gerald F. Tremblay, MD, JD
JAMA 2006; 296: 1296-97, Review of the fifth edition
"This well written, comprehensive textbook on pediatric neurology serves as a very good didactic resource on the basic science, clinical description, genetics, therapeutic management, and anticipatory counseling involved in disorders in pediatric neurology."- Korwyn Williams, MD, PhD (Phoenix Children's Hospital) 5 star Doody Rating!
By Kenneth F. Swaiman, MD, Director Emeritus, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Professor Emeritus of Neurology and Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA; Stephen Ashwal, MD, Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of the Division of Child Neurology and Pediatrics, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA, USA; Donna M Ferriero, MD, MS, W.H. and Marie Wattis Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Physician-in-Chief, UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA; and Nina Schor, MD, PhD, William H. Eilinger Chair of Pediatrics, Professor, Departments of Pediatrics, Neurology, and Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA.