Diagnostic Atlas of Renal Pathology, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Diagnostic Atlas of Renal Pathology, by Agnes B. Fogo, MD and Michael Kashgarian, MD, delivers practical, highly visual guidance for effectively and accurately diagnosing a wide range of pathologic entities. More than 700 high-quality illustrations help you to recognize the pathologic features and clinical manifestations of both common and rare renal disorders and to formulate confident and accurate diagnoses. Thoroughly updated throughout, this companion to Brenner & Rector’s, The Kidney, 9th Edition provides the newest information regarding categorizing and classification of diseases and describes how this relates to the various morphological lesions illustrated and their clinical significance. Access the complete text and all of the illustrations at www.expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Keep current with the latest knowledge and evidence-based practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include a brand-new chapter on "Approaches to Chronic Kidney Disease" that includes coverage of Chronic Kidney Disease; Age-Related Sclerosis; Glomerular vs. Tubulointerstitial vs. Vascular Disease; and the differential diagnostic approach to Segmental Glomerulosclerosis lesions. Extensive updates to all previous chapters include new classifications of various diseases such as igA nephropathy, diabetic nephropathy, crescentic GN, and renal transplant rejection.
- Stay well informed about hot topics including acute phosphate nephropathy; new concepts in the pathogenesis of thrombotic microangiopathies and eclampsia; and new information relative to etiology and pathogenesis of podocytopathies.
- Quickly access the information you need thanks to a user-friendly format, tables and sidebars with key points and differential diagnoses, and chapters that include concise, templated discussions regarding the etiology and pathogenesis of the disorder.
- Access the full text and entire image library online at expertconsult.com.
- See more than 700 high quality representative images of light, immunofluorescence, and electron microscopy for each diagnostic entity with correlations to clinical presentation and pathogenesis.
- Easily locate in-depth information on any disease's clinical course and treatment by cross-referring companion text, Brenner & Rector’s The Kidney.
- Grasp key characteristic pathologic findings and prognostic, pathogenetic, and etiologic information through focused, detailed discussions.
- Make accurate, complete reports by fully understanding clinical correlations.
- Get an in-depth examination of pathophysiology, clinical presentations, and comprehensive references
"It is essential for renal pathology fellows and residents in pathology. It also would be a great resource for renal pathologists and nephrologists." - Doody’s Reviews, review of last edition
"The book will be appreciated by anyone who is trying to get to grips with renal pathology, including both pathology and renal trainees. There are schematic representations of glomerular diseases, which are particularly useful for getting some key concepts across...Also new are boxes with key diagnostic features and summaries of differential diagnoses. these are a great asset, as in many textbooks the important points for clinical practice can be lost in the wealth of information provided....This atlas is an ideal reference book for a wide audience of reporting pathologists and renal physicians, both in training and as consultants. It presents renal pathology in a user-friendly and concise format, and it should help its user to shine at the renal multidisciplinary meeting, by using the differential diagnosis boxes to ask insightful and probing questions! It is also an excellent resource for the academic pathologists with teaching duties, in particular through the online content! (Expert Consult)"
Royal College of Pathologist, Summer 2012
"The book successfully accomplishes the authors' goals. Along with other major books in the field, this atlas provides in-depth and detailed illustrations of a large spectrum of morphological lesions encountered in the renal biopsy and an approach to differential diagnosis and key prognostic, pathogenetic, and etiologic information. This edition will continue to be a widely used resource by medical students, pathologists, and clinicians."- Virgilius Cornea, MD (University of Kentucky College of Medicine) 4 star rating! Doody's Reviews
By Agnes B. Fogo, MD, Professor of Pathology, Medicine and Pediatrics, Director, Renal Electron Microscopy laboratory, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA and Michael Kashgarian, MD, Professor of Pathology and Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology; Director of Laboratories; Director, Renal and Electron Microscopy Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT