Essentials of Dental Assisting, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$90.95|
Fully updated to include the latest procedures and trends, this practical resource focuses on the core clinical skills and knowledge you need to become a practicing dental assistant. The concise, full-color text has been specifically designed and written to help you easily grasp important DA information. And step-by-step procedures, application exercises, and a wealth of pedagogical aids ensure that you master all the necessary skills.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Content incorporates additional information on dynamic areas such as HIPAA laws and implications, digital imaging, dental materials, and caries prevention.
- NEW! Expanded and updated artwork focuses on newer products, materials, and equipment to remain current with technological advances in the modern dental office.
- NEW! Online student exercises on Evolve include crossword puzzles, and exercises on labeling, procedure-ordering, and instrument identification.
- Focus on Clinical Dental Assisting provides essential information on the core skills and procedures needed to become a practicing dental assistant.
- Approachable writing style ensures that you have a full understanding of text content.
- Easy-to-follow organization offers 29 succinct chapters that move from profession basics and sciences to infection control, chair-side treatment foundations, and patient care in general and specific dentistry.
- Step-by-step procedures of skills dental assistants must master feature a consistent format that includes a goal, equipment, chronological steps, and rationales.
- Procedure icons clearly indicate what issues/things must be identified when performing various core procedures.
- Ethical implications are featured at the end of each chapter’s narrative to touch on important ethical considerations related to the chapter material.
By Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor and Research Study Coordinator, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA; Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor and Research Study Coordinator, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA