Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, Single Volume, 9th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition – Enhanced Online Features and Print
Braunwald’s Heart Disease remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of contemporary cardiology. Edited by Drs. Robert O. Bonow, Douglas L. Mann, Douglas P. Zipes, and Peter Libby, this dynamic, multimedia reference helps you apply the most recent knowledge in molecular biology and genetics, imaging, pharmacology, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and much more. Weekly updates online, personally selected by Dr. Braunwald, continuously keep you current on the most important new developments affecting your practice. Enhanced premium online content includes new dynamic cardiac imaging videos, heart sound recordings, and podcasts. With sweeping updates throughout, and contributions from a "who’s who" of global cardiology, Braunwald’s is the cornerstone of effective practice.
New to This Edition
- Stay on top of the latest advances in molecular imaging, intravascular ultrasound, cardiovascular regeneration and tissue engineering, device therapy for advanced heart failure, atrial fibrillation management, structural heart disease, Chagasic heart disease, ethics in cardiovascular medicine, the design and conduct of clinical trials, and many other timely topics.
- Hone your clinical skills with new dynamic cardiac imaging videos, heart sound recordings, and podcasts at www.expertconsult.com.
- Continuously access the most important new developments affecting your practice with weekly updates personally selected by Dr. Braunwald, including focused reviews, "hot off the press" commentaries, and late-breaking clinical trials.
- Practice with confidence and overcome your toughest challenges with advice from the top minds in cardiology today, who synthesize the entire state of current knowledge and summarize all of the most recent ACC/AHA practice guidelines.
- Locate the answers you need fast thanks to a user-friendly, full-color design with more than 1,200 color illustrations.
- Search the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com.
"This is a truly remarkable book, a phenomenal compendium of cardvascular medicine is found within the covers of this book...It has matured into what is seemingly a comprehensive review of the speciality with the accent very much clinical care...without doubt this is a premium offering of an outstanding book for someone with a deep interest in cardiovascular medicine." (Review of 9th Edition)
By Robert O. Bonow, MD, Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg Shool of Medicine; Chief, Division of Cardiology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL; Douglas L. Mann, MD, FACC, Professor of Medicine and Gordon Cain Chair, Section of Cardiology, Director, Winters Center for Heart Failure Research, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX; Douglas P. Zipes, MD, Distinguished Professor, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, Pharmacology, and Toxicology, Director Emeritus, Division of Cardiology and the Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN and Peter Libby, MD, Chief, Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Mallinckrodt Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Reynolds Investigator and Co-Director, Donald W. Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA