AACN Procedure Manual for Critical Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$124.00|
|Print - Paperback||$124.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The AACN Procedure Manual for Critical Care, 6th Edition presents procedures for the critical care environment in an illustrated, consistent, and step-by-step format. The Procedures and Patient Monitoring sections are presented in a tabular format that includes special considerations and rationales for each intervention. References have been meticulously reviewed to ensure that the most authoritative and timely standards of practice are used. Additionally, the references supporting care recommendations are identified according to the latest AACN Evidence Leveling System to ensure that you have a complete understanding of the strength of the evidence base.
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Clarity of Evidence Leveling helps you quickly grasp the strength of the evidence supporting the care recommendations
- Reviewed and Updated References comply with the highest standards of critical care practice
- Alphabetical procedures index inside the front cover provides easy access
- Reader-friendly design changes make it easier to identify and utilize special features
- UNIQUE! AACN-sponsored content ensures the highest standards of practice
- Comprehensive, clear, easy-to-use format allows you to quickly find and review the exact content you need
- Rationales provide complete information on every procedure
- Identified AP procedures help you judge whether a procedure is in your scope of practice
- Patient safety highlighted with new icons for patient identification and time-out Joint Commission Universal Protocols
- CDC Standard Precautions for hand washing and applying protective clothing and equipment highlighted with new icons
By AACN; Edited by Debra J. Lynn-McHale Wiegand, PhD, RN, CCRN, FAAN, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland;
Staff Nurse, Surgical Cardiac Care Unit, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania