The Anatomy and Physiology Learning System, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$59.95|
Who said learning A&P can't be fun? The Anatomy and Physiology Learning System, 4th Edition makes it easy to learn normal structure and function of the body, and summarizes the common disorders found in each body system. Written by well-known educator Edith Applegate, this book combines clear, crisp writing with hundreds of vibrant illustrations. This edition includes a stronger emphasis on medical vocabulary, so you understand key terms before you learn anatomy. A wide array of engaging features simplifies physiology concepts, and an Evolve website supports the book with a wealth of new learning opportunities. Even if you have little or no background in science, you will learn the A&P you need to enter your career!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- 100 new high-quality illustrations help you visualize anatomical features and physiological processes.
- Chapter summaries and vocabulary quizzes have been added to the end of each chapter.
- New Building Your Medical Vocabulary section covers the history of medical words, giving you the building blocks to use and recognize new terms.
- A clear and concise writing style makes the book easy to read and understand, even if you have a limited background in science.
- Quick Check questions let you check your comprehension at various points within a chapter.
- Chapter quizzes provide recall, thought, and application questions to check your understanding of A&P concepts.
- A companion CD-ROM includes 80 detailed anatomy illustrations that you can color online or print out to color and study offline, and 3-D animations specific to each chapter.
- An Evolve website includes online tutoring, a Body Spectrum coloring book, Anatomy & Physiology Pioneers boxes with brief biographies of trailblazers in science and medicine, 3-D animations, an audio glossary, Spanish pronunciations of key terms, and frequently asked questions.
- Outlines and objectives at the beginning of each chapter help you prioritize your study.
- Key terms are highlighted to help you analyze, pronounce, and spell important medical words.
- A glossary provides definitions and a pronunciation guide for key terms.
- Functional Relationships pages illustrate the connection between each individual system and the other body systems, showing how all systems work together.
- Representative Disorders describe the common health issues associated with each body system.
- Focus on Aging boxes describe the effects of aging on body systems.
- Quick Applications boxes connect the material to real-world scenarios.
- From the Pharmacy boxes describe common medications for each body system and include a brief description of the drug and its action, common uses, and abbreviations.
By Edith MS Applegate, MS, Professor of Sciences and Mathematics, Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH