Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Based on best practices prescribed in The Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy, 3rd Edition provides comprehensive coverage of anatomy and physiology, assessment, and aspects of the cardiopulmonary systems, with a focus on their interaction. The disablement model is used in describing the eight cardiopulmonary practice patterns. Expert author Ellen Hillegass also discusses pathophysiology, pharmacology, and interventions in the outpatient setting. Incorporating Guide language, her practical approach progresses logically from basic sciences through intervention, and emphasizes lifespan considerations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW chapters cover the lymphatic system and pediatrics.
- Revised chapters on cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology differentiate between information that is need to know and that is nice to know.
- An Evolve companion website includes medical animations to illustrate concepts, along with a glossary, glossary exercises, and reference lists from the book linked to MEDLINE abstracts.
- Material follows The Guide to Physical Therapist Practice 2nd Edition, reflecting best practices as defined by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Evidence-based content is based on the latest research in the field.
- Case studies show the application of concepts with real-world examples.
- Pharmacology chapters reflect both the rehabilitation background of physical therapists and the pharmaceutical expertise of a pharmacist.
- A focus on wellness follows the disablement model.
- Information on geriatric and pediatric cardiopulmonary physical therapy is easy to apply to patient situations.
- Testing for both cardiac and pulmonary dysfunction is conveniently located in a single chapter.
- Cardiovascular medication information covers the latest drugs used in cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
- Information on thoracic organ transplantation simplifies and explains these complex procedures.
By Ellen Hillegass, EdD, PT, CCS, FAACVPR, Adjunct Faculty, Department of Physical Therapy, Emory University, Atlanta, GA; Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Consultant