Andrews' Diseases of the Skin, 11th Edition
Clinical Dermatology - Expert Consult - Online and Print
The 11th Edition of the classic Andrews’ Diseases of the Skin, by Drs. William D. James, Timothy G. Berger and Dirk M. Elston, provides the ultimate foundation in dermatology with comprehensive guidance to effectively diagnose and treat a wide range of skin conditions. These highly respected authors balance evidence-based treatment guidelines with advice from their own clinical experience, offering a practical and realistic medical perspective. Updated throughout with the latest dermatologic findings and a new chapter on cosmetic surgical techniques, this title helps you keep current, improve your skills, and prepare for exams. It also includes online access to the complete text, images, and bonus illustrations making this an indispensable, convenient reference for trainees and practicing dermatologists.
New to This Edition
- Confirm your diagnoses by comparing your clinical findings to more than 1,150 illustrations, 40% of which are brand new.
- Update your surgical skills with chapters devoted to basic dermatologic, laser, and cosmetic surgery, contributed by Dr. Issac M. Neuhaus.
- Search the complete contents online, download all the illustrations, and view an additional 400 images, at www.expertconsult.com.
- Practice with confidence through the valued authorship of seasoned professionals Dr. William D. James, Dr. Timothy G. Berger, and Dr. Dirk M. Elston.
- Rapidly improve your knowledge of skin conditions through a concise, clinically focused, user-friendly format.
- Obtain thorough guidance on clinical presentation and therapy for a full range of common and rare skin diseases.
"This all-time favorite of mine continues to improve with each new edition. It is devoted to clinical practicality -- diagnosis and management of various skin diseases. The 11th edition has more color photographs than its predecessor and the information is current, concise, and well organized... Many of the tips provided to lead one to make the correct diagnosis will not be found in other books. The lack of repetition and the effort to avoid overwhelming readers with too much minutiae on research findings are great features. This is a most practical and valuable book for clinical dermatologists, regardless of level of training... It continues to be in my top ten picks for my dermatology library. I urge all dermatologists to own it." - Patricia Wong, MD, Doody's Review, 5 Stars
"The current editors, each a renowned clinician in his own right, have made this textbook even more valuable. The book is globally recognized as the leading mid-sized textbook in dermatology…Dermatologists and other physicians with an interest in dermatology will benefit, as will their patients, by having a copy of this book available for ready reference."
JAMA, July 13, 2011-Vol 306, No. 2
By William D. James, MD, Department of Dermatology, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA; Timothy Berger, MD, Professor of Clinical Dermatology, Executive Vice Chair and Residency Program Director, Chair in Dermatology Medical Student Education, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA and Dirk MD Elston, MD, Dermatology Department, Brook Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Houston, TX, USA