Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Offers concise and comprehensive coverage of orofacial embryology, oral histology, and dental anatomy while also providing a brief introduction to dental structures. The clearly written text highlights both basic science and clinical applications to give the reader well-rounded coverage. Features of the book include: clinical applications for diverse topics that range from dental implants to periodontal considerations, an outstanding illustration program, microscopic photographs, and clinical photographs that clarify essential concepts, a review of anatomical nomenclature, pronunciations, a glossary, chapter overviews, and learning objectives.
New to This Edition
- Now in full-color.
- Incorporates case studies put forth by the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination.
- Sixteen chapters include new or updated information, including new information on stem cells in dentistry (chapter 7) and updated information on tooth color, staining, and bleaching (chapter 12).
- An expanded workbook emphasizes problem-based learning along with a curriculum development and delivery system that recognizes the need for students to develop problem-solving skills and acquire necessary knowledge and skills.
- Each chapter features microscopic photographs, as well as clinical photographs to clarify essential concepts.
- Logical organization makes it easier for students to move through the text and to be successful at comprehending the information.
- Tables are used throughout the book to present and compare similar information and help students recognize similarities and differences among related topics.
- Boxed information throughout highlights the clinical considerations of different topics.
- An overview at the beginning of each chapter lets the students easily see what key information can be found in each chapter.
- Standard student objectives are outlined at the beginning of each chapter to clearly identify the information the student is expected to absorb from studying the chapter.
- A glossary at the back of the book contains the terms listed in the key terms of the chapters with definitions.
By Mary Bath-Balogh, MS, Anatomist and Histologist, Faculty, Biological and Health Sciences, Instructor, Dental Hygiene Program, Pierce College, Tacoma, WA and Margaret J. Fehrenbach, RDH, MS, Dental Hygiene Educational Consultant, Dental Science Technical Writer, Seattle Washington