Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Now in full-color, the thoroughly revised 3rd edition of Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck presents comprehensive coverage of all the information needed in the study of head and neck anatomy. It presents an understanding of anatomical parts and focal points for injection sites that are essential in the practice of dentistry, dental hygiene, and dental assisting. Special emphasis is placed on such topics as anatomy of the temporomandibular joint, the spread of dental infection, and the anatomical basis of local anesthesia for pain control. Also includes flashcards for students who want to test their knowledge of basic anatomy and a new Evolve website offers a variety of study materials.
New to This Edition
- Full-color design and illustrations improves the effectiveness of drawings that appear throughout the book.
- Evolve website offers helpful features for students and faculty (see ancillary section for full description).
- 64 flashcards provide an excellent study tool for students who want to test their knowledge of head and neck anatomy.
- Each chapter features clinical photographs and high-quality line art.
- High-quality illustrations, now in full color, clarify essential concepts.
- Labeling exercises appear in each chapter to help students identify the different structures and test their knowledge of anatomy.
- Each chapter features multiple-choice review questions that can be used by the instructor for testing or by the student for self-study.
- Each chapter topic is relevant to the present needs of the dental professional and builds on former topics to make it easier for students to move through the text and successfully comprehend the information.
- Tables throughout the book present and compare similar information to make it more meaningful for students to recognize similarities and differences among related topics.
- A chapter outline at the beginning of each chapter provides a quick view of the chapter's contents.
- Learning objectives outlined at the beginning of each chapter clearly identify the information students are expected to absorb from studying the chapter.
- A bibliography list at the back of the text provides a succinct overview of additional reference resources.
- Key terms and anatomical structure terms clearly highlight important terms in each chapter and provide easy access to pronunciation and definitions to make it easier for students to check their understanding as they are reading.
- A glossary at the back of the book provides the meaning of important dental terminology conveniently located in one place.
By Margaret J. Fehrenbach, RDH, MS, Dental Hygienist, Educational Consultant, and Oral Biologist, Private Practice, Seattle WA; and Susan W. Herring, PhD, Anatomist and Researcher, Professor of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Adjunct Professor of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA