Pediatric Allergy: Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Pediatric Allergy supplies the comprehensive guidance you need to diagnose, manage, and treat virtually any type of allergy seen in children. Drs. Leung, Sampson, Geha, and Szefler present the new full-color second edition, with coverage of the diagnosis and management of anaphylaxis, the immune mechanisms underlying allergic disease, the latest diagnostic tests, and more…in print and online at expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable contents online at expertconsult.com, where you’ll also find a downloadable image bank.
- Apply the newest diagnostic tests available-for asthma, upper respiratory allergy, and more-and know their benefits and contraindications.
- Treat the allergy at its source rather than the resulting reactions through an understanding of the immune mechanisms underlying allergic diseases.
- Get coverage of new research that affects methods of patient treatment and discusses potential reasons for increased allergies in some individuals.
- Better manage potential anaphylaxis cases through analysis of contributing facts and progression of allergic disease.
- Effectively control asthma and monitor its progression using the new step-by-step approach.
- Eliminate difficulty in prescribing antibiotics thanks to coverage of drug allergies and cross-reactivity.
- Treat the full range of pediatric allergic and immunologic diseases through clinically focused coverage relevant to both allergists and pediatricians.
- Understand the care and treatment of pediatric patients thanks to clinical pearls discussing the best approaches.
- Easily refer to appendices that list common food allergies and autoantibodies in autoimmune diseases.
"The Leung book will continue to be one of the most valuable reference texts in pediatric allergy and clinical immunology for students, residents and fellows in training as well as for primary care physicians and specialists in all of the various subspecialties of medicine and surgery entrusted to the care of infants and children." - Joseph A. Bellanti, MD
"This book provides a broad yet concise overview of the field of pediatric allergy and immunology. The organization makes it useful as a day-to-day reference for clinicians. At the same time, it dedicates adequate space to relevant new knowledge in the basic sciences. It is very well written and would serve as a singular reference for pediatricians managing patients with allergic and immunologic disease." - Larry Montelibano, MD, Doody's Review Service
By Donald Y. M. Leung, MD, PhD, Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy/Immunology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver CO, USA
Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver CO, USA; Hugh Sampson; Raif Geha, MD, Prince Truki bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Chief, Division of Immunology, Children's Hospital Boston, Boston, MA and Stanley J. Szefler, MD, Helen Wohlberg & Herman Lambert Chair in Pharmacokinetics, Head, Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver CO, USA
Professor of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA