Avery's Diseases of the Newborn, 9th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Avery’s Diseases of the Newborn, edited by Christine A. Gleason and Sherin U. Devaskar, is a practical, clinical reference for diagnosing and managing of all the important diseases affecting newborns. Thoroughly revised by a team of new editors, this edition provides new perspectives and updated coverage of genetics, nutrition, respiratory conditions, MRSA, neonatal pain, cardiovascular fetal interventions, care of the late preterm infant, and more. You can also access the fully searchable text and downloadable images online at www.expertconsult.com, making this authoritative reference ideal as a clinical resource or subspecialty review tool.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image gallery.
- Stay current with coverage of hot topics including MRSA, neonatal pain, cardiovascular fetal interventions, care of the late preterm infant, and the developing intestinal microbiome.
- Tap into the fresh perspectives of new editors who provide extensive updates throughout, particularly on genetic and respiratory disorders.
- Apply the latest nutritional findings with thorough discussions of this valuable information in the more comprehensive nutrition section.
- Master the fundamentals of neonatology through the greater emphasis on developmental biology and pathobiology.
- Treat newborns effectively with focused coverage of diagnosis and management, including pertinent developmental physiology and the pathogenesis of neonatal problems.
- Meet every challenge you face in neonatology with Avery’s authoritative, comprehensive clinical resource and subspecialty review tool.
- Navigate quickly and easily with extensive cross-referencing throughout the organ-related sections.
"An excellent and very readable resource…I would recommend it to anyone looking to add a neonatal textbook to either their own personal or unit libraries." -Archives of Disease in Childhood, review of the previous edition
"With the publication of this ninth edition (previous edition in 2005) of this venerable book, the torch has been passed to new editors, Drs. Gleason and Devaskar, who have made the new edition of this book more practical and clinically oriented. One of four major books in neonatology, originally published by a pediatrician in 1960, it has been modernized to reflect the needs of practitioners at all levels in this field of neonatal care including trainees, nurses, advanced practice nurses, respiratory therapists, and physicians.
This is a comprehensive review of all aspects of neonatal care that serves as a reference for both common and unusual conditions. The editors and their contributors are nationally and internationally known authorities in the field." - Doody’s review service rating: 4 Stars!
By Christine A. Gleason, MD, Academic Affiliation; W. Alan Hodson Endowed Chair in Pediatrics and Head, Division of Neonatology; Pediatrics; University of Washington; Seattle, WA; US and Sandra E Juul, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington