Workbook for Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 11th Edition
Get the real-life practice you need to prepare for a successful career! Designed to support Fordney’s Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 11th Edition, this workbook parallels the material in the textbook, and provides realistic, hands-on exercises that help you apply concepts and develop important critical-thinking skills. A companion Evolve website includes patient simulations for additional practice in real-world billing.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Learning objectives are reorganized to more closely follow the material in the textbook and the workbook, making it easier to study.
- New CMS-1500 software helps you complete exercises and practice skills quickly and easily.
- Online Student Software Challenge contains 10 patient cases that you can use to complete the CMS-1500 claim form.
- Self-study review exercises include matching, true/false, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions to help you remember important material.
- Critical-thinking assignments help you apply theory to practice, using short, real-world scenarios to prepare you for working in today’s medical office.
- Key Terms and Key Abbreviations provide a quick reference to the insurance terminology you need to know.
- A study outline and performance objectives focus your review and ensure that you meet expected outcomes.
- Evolve resources include Student Software Challenge, online activities, and web links for further research and study.
By Marilyn Fordney, CMA-AC, Formerly, Instructor of Medical Insurance, Medical Terminology, Medical Machine Transcription, and Medical Office Procedures, Ventura College, Ventura, CA