Before We Are Born E-Book, 7th Edition
Zero in on the most essential concepts in human embryology and development! Concise and richly illustrated, this popular book delivers the embryology knowledge you need in a highly efficient, reader-friendly format. The comprehensively updated 7th edition comes with access to the complete contents online via Student Consult, plus 18 phenomenal embryology animations, additional review questions and answers, and more
New to This Edition
- Sweeping updates reflect all of the latest advances, including IVF, cloning, and genes in human development.
- Purchase of this Student Consult title includes access to the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com-as well as 18 remarkable, specially developed animations that bring embryological development to life, and hundreds of additional support questions and answers to test your mastery of the material.
- New contributors provide a wealth of fresh perspectives on the latest knowledge.
- A new, more user-friendly, full-color format helps you master key embryology concepts more easily than ever, and a smaller size makes the book more portable.
- Editor Keith L. Moore, BA, MSc, PhD, FIAC, FRSM is the recipient of the first (2007) "Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished Educator Award"-the American Association of Anatomists' highest award for excellence in human anatomy education at the medical/dental, graduate, and undergraduate level of teaching-a testament to his masterful teaching abilities, which help make this book such an effective tool for learning the complex subject of human embryology.
- Succinct coverage focuses on the most need-to-know human embryology concepts.
- Over 1,300 crisp illustrations and up-to-date clinical photos bring the material to life.
- Review questions and answers at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and help you prepare for exams.
By Keith L. Moore, BA, MSc, PhD, FIAC, FRSM, Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario; Visiting Professor of Clinical Anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and T. V. N. Persaud, MD, PhD, DSc, FRC Path(Lond), Professor and Former Head, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine; Consultant in Pathology and Clinical Genetics, Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada