The Developing Human E-Book, 8th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
This popular text makes it surprisingly easy to gain an in-depth understanding of human embryology. Engaging and richly illustrated, it examines all aspects of human development, emphasizing both basic concepts and relevant clinical problems. The book presents a week-by-week and stage-by-stage view of how fetal organs and systems develop, why and when birth defects occur, and what roles the placenta and fetal membranes play in development. The comprehensively updated 8th edition comes with access to the complete contents online via Student Consult, plus 18 phenomenal embryology animations, additional review questions and answers, and more.
New to This Edition
- Sweeping updates reflect all of the latest advances, including IVF, cloning, and genes in human development.
- Purchase of this Student Consult title includes access to the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com-as well as 18 remarkable, specially developed animations that bring embryological development to life, and hundreds of additional support questions and answers to test your mastery of the material.
- New contributors provide fresh perspectives on the latest knowledge.
- A new, more user-friendly, full-color format makes it easier than ever to master key embryology concepts.
- Editor Keith L. Moore, BA, MSc, PhD, FIAC, FRSM is the recipient of the first (2007) "Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished Educator Award"-the American Association of Anatomists' highest award for excellence in human anatomy education at the medical/dental, graduate, and undergraduate level of teaching-a testament to his masterful teaching abilities, which help make this book such an effective tool for learning the complex subject of human embryology.
- Comprehensive, richly illustrated, and clinically oriented coverage equips you with a detailed grasp of human embryology.
- More than 1,800 crisp illustrations and up-to-date clinical photos bring the material to life.
- Review questions and answers at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and help you prepare for exams.
By Keith L. Moore, BA, MSc, PhD, FIAC, FRSM, Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario; Visiting Professor of Clinical Anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and T. V. N. Persaud, MD, PhD, DSc, FRC Path(Lond), Professor and Former Head, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine; Consultant in Pathology and Clinical Genetics, Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada