Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Preventive Medicine E-Book, 3rd Edition
Succinct yet thorough, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Preventive Medicine, 3rd Edition brings you today's best knowledge on epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health-in one convenient source. You'll find the latest on healthcare policy and financing · infectious diseases · chronic disease · and disease prevention technology. This text also serves as an outstanding resource for preparing for the USMLE, and the American Board of Preventive Medicine recommends it as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
New to This Edition
- Includes the latest information on Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) · SARS · avian form of H5N1 influenza · the obesity epidemic · and more.
- Discusses the financial concerns and the use and limitations of screening in the prevention of symptomatic disease.
- Emphasizes the application of epidemiologic and biostatistical concepts to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making.
- Showcases important concepts and calculations inside quick-reference boxes.
- Presents abundant illustrations and well-organized tables to clarify and summarize complex concepts.
- Includes 350 USMLE-style questions and answers, complete with detailed explanations about why various choices are correct or incorrect.
By James F. Jekel, MD, MPH, Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health, Emeritus, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT; Director, Griffin-Yale Residency Program in General Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT; David L. Katz, MD, MPH, Associate Clinical Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health and Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT; Director, Yale-Griffin Preventive Research Center, Derby, CT; Joann G. Elmore, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Medicine, Associate Director, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA and Dorothea Wild, MD, MPH, Dr. Med, Associate Director, Combined Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT