Online only access to Andreoli and Carpenter's Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 7th Edition
|Print - Paperback||
Here's an authoritative text that focuses in on the core content of clinical medicine so you can understand how to apply principles to the care of patients. Throughout the text, aspects of molecular biology relevant to clinical medicine have been updated and thoroughly explored. A full-color design and beautiful illustrations help explain difficult concepts, while excellent images and clinical photographs fully illustrate the appearance and clinical features of disease. For this edition, the online text available with Student Consult access has been improved with additional clinical photos, tables, and multimedia presentations.
New to This Edition
- updated information on molecular biology provides a thorough grounding in the molecular basis of clinical medicine
- Online StudentConsult access includes weblinks to supplemental clinical photos, radiologic images, multimedia presentations (audio, video and some animations including molecular structures)
- Includes a New International Advisory Board broadening the scope of this to suit many courses
- Image Bank on Evolve
- View videos of procedures, heart sounds, and more with the included STUDENT CONSULT access.
- Stay ahead of future advances in clinical medicine with "Prospectus for the Future" boxes.
- Address the increasing interest in gender medicine in Men's and Women's Health Sections.
By Thomas E. Andreoli, MD, MACP, FRCP(Edin), Distinguished Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Physiology, University of Arkansas College of Medicine, Little Rock, AR; Charles C. J. Carpenter, MD, MACP, Professor of Medicine, Brown Medical School, Director, Brown University AIDS Center, Providence, RI; Robert C. Griggs, MD, FACP, FAAN, Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine; Center for Human Experimental Therapeutics; University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry; Rochester, New York and Ivor Benjamin, MD, FACC, FAHA, Professor of Medicine, Physiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cell Biology, and Surgery; Director, Cardiovascular Center; Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine; Vice Chair, Translational Research, Department of Medicine; Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin