The Electronic Health Record for the Physician's Office
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
Hands-on practice helps students understand Electronic Health Record software! Written in a conversational, easy-to-understand style, DeVore’s The Electronic Health Record for the Physician’s Office offers a unique balance of theory and application. From the basics of EHR to practical implementation, this text covers how the electronic health record impacts the job responsibilities of the medical assistant. Each chapter includes exercises using Practice Partner EHR software, so students can practice concepts as they learn them. There’s no better introduction to the how’s and why’s of using electronic health records!Table of Contents
- A work-text approach explains concepts and immediately lets students apply them with exercises using real-world Practice Partner software.
- Affective competencies are addressed with practical insights into skills such as professionalism and decision-making.
- Trends and Applications include real-life examples of how EHRs may be used to improve health care.
- Easing the Transition helps in handling issues related to the paper/electronic conversion.
- Security Checkpoints explore issues of EHR security relating to HIPAA and patient privacy.
- Critical thinking exercises include thought-provoking questions based on chapter content or brief scenarios.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter, bolded and defined within the chapter, and also defined in the glossary.
- End of chapter summaries highlight the most important material.
- Review exercises let students assess their knowledge with true/false and matching questions, key terms review, and workplace applications.