Pharmacology for Nursing Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This text emphasizes understanding over memorization to effectively present the "big picture" through the use of drug prototypes, large and small print, and special foundational chapters that cover principles related to each body system. At the end of each chapter, a summary of major nursing implications also helps you apply the material to real-world situations. The accompanying companion CD-ROM features audio and printable key points that you can download to a CD or MP3 player. The CD-ROM also features 700 NCLEX® examination-style multiple-choice review questions, animations depicting drug mechanisms and effects, flash cards, and numerous electronic calculators.
New to This Edition
- Includes numerous new drugs and formulations recently approved by the FDA to keep you current with today's drug therapy practice.
- Special Interest Topic boxes address late-breaking issues in pharmacology that have recently emerged in the media so you can learn the current events that may affect them in practice.
- Extensive revision to the Cancer Chemotherapy unit provides you with up-to-date information on new drug therapy in this complex and rapidly changing area of practice.
- Companion CD-ROM features audio and printable key points that you can download to a CD or MP3 player to listen to and review at their leisure.
- Additional full-color graphics illustrate how drugs work in the body and depict key pharmacologic principles.
- UNIQUE! Summaries of Major Nursing Implications at the end of each chapter help you understand how to apply concepts to clinical practice in an easy-to-understand format.
- A prototype drug approach uses one drug within each drug family that characterizes all members of its group to give you the knowledge you need to learn not only about related drugs currently on the market, but also about those drugs that will be released once the student begins practice.
- Uses large print to identify essential "need-to-know" information and small print to identify "nice-to-know" information
- Concise drug summary tables present quick reference to detailed information on individual drugs, including class, generic and trade names, dosages, routes, and indications.
- End-of-chapter Key Points are summarized in a bulleted format to facilitate your review of the most important concepts in each chapter.
- Patient and family teaching content is highlighted to emphasize this key content and provide you with critical information to include in teaching patients about drugs and effects and stresses points for educating family members when they will be helping to care for the patient.
- Provides Anatomy and Physiology and Pathophysiology reviews at the beginning of chapters to help you understand the relationships pharmacology and the biologic systems that drugs influence.
- A comprehensive collection of appendixes includes a concise overview of Canadian drug information, gender-related drugs, drug administration techniques, normal laboratory values, and much more.
- Companion CD-ROM features 700 NCLEX examination-style multiple-choice review questions, animations depicting drug mechanisms and effects, flash cards, key points, and numerous electronic calculators.
By Richard A. Lehne, PhD, Formerly Lecturer, University of Arizona College of Nursing, Lecturer, University of Virginia School of Nursing, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine