Targeted Treatment of the Rheumatic Diseases
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Targeted Treatment of the Rheumatic Diseases takes a patient management approach to treating adult and pediatric patients with rheumatic diseases. Michael H. Weisman, Michael Weinblatt, James S Louie, and Ronald Van Vollenhoven offer their unique insights into choosing the correct pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies for your patients. Chapters cover the full breadth of rheumatic diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, connective tissue diseases, osteoporosis, regional pain disorders, and fibromyalgia. The full-color design presents detailed clinical photographs and treatment algorithms for visual guidance and easy reference. You’ll have all you need to provide your patients with the most effective treatment from this unique resource…also available online at expertconsult.com.
- Includes access to the fully searchable text online at expertconsult.com, along with MedLine linked references.
- Focuses on patient management instead of disease management so that you can tailor treatment plans according to each patient’s needs.
- Covers the treatment of pediatric patients as well as adults so that you can properly address the particular needs of any patient you see.
- Features the guidance and specific recommendations of experts from United States and Europe for a state-of-the-art approach to the variety of treatments currently in use.
- Displays the clinical manifestations of rheumatic diseases in full color, along with treatment algorithms for easy at-a-glance reference.
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended - Internal medicine***
“This is an excellent resource for experts, teachers and senior trainees - truly expert opinion at your fingertips although perhaps less helpful for generalists. It will be very good for trainees looking at exit exams and interviews as it’s easy to navigate. The searchable online version will be great for preparing talks: it may be worth buying just for that!” Judges comments
By Michael H. Weisman, MD, Director, Division of Rheumatology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; Professor of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA; Michael E. Weinblatt, MD, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Co-Director of Clinical Rheumatology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA; James S. Louie, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Chief, Division of Rheumatology, Harbor-University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Torrance, CA and Ronald Van Vollenhoven