Nathan & Oski’s Hematology of Infancy and Childhood, 7e and Orkin: Oncology of Infancy and Childhood Package
To address the growing complexities of childhood cancers and hematology disorders, Nathan and Oski’s Hematology of Infancy and Childhood has been divided into two distinct volumes. Nathan and Oski’s Hematology of Infancy and Childhood, 7th Edition focuses exclusively on pediatric blood disorders. And, the new Oncology of Infancy and Childhood offers far greater coverage of childhood cancers than Nathan and Oski’s previously provided, while maintaining the practical approach that you can trust. These exciting new full-color references bring together the pathophysiology of disease with detailed clinical guidance to provide you with the most comprehensive, authoritative, up-to-date information for diagnosing and treating children with cancer and hematologic disorders. Written by the leading names in pediatric oncology and hematology, these resources offer you the essential tools you need to overcome any challenge. And, as Expert Consult titles, these brand-new resources come with access to the complete contents online t www.expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Offers comprehensive coverage of all pediatric cancers, including less common tumors, as well as all hematologic disorders, including newly recognized ones, along with the latest breakthroughs in diagnosis and management, making these the most complete guides in both areas.
- Covers emerging research developments in cancer biology and therapeutics, both globally and in specific pediatric tumors.
- Includes a section on supportive care in pediatric oncology, written by authors who represent the critical subdisciplines involved in this important aspect of pediatric oncology.
- Incorporates the codified WHO classification for all lymphomas and leukemias in the oncology title.
- Uses many boxes, graphs, and tables to highlight complex clinical diagnostic and management guidelines.
- Presents a full-color design that includes clear illustrative examples of the relevant pathology and clinical issues, for quick access to the answers you need.
- Provides access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, enabling you to consult them rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Balances summaries of relevant pathophysiology with clear, practical clinical guidance to help you thoroughly understand the underlying science of diseases.
- Uses a consistent organization from chapter to chapter and from volume to volume for easy access to the information you need.
"The 7th edition of this classical textbook is a masterwork both in its contents and production. It reviews in 12 sections and 37 chapters all aspects of childhood hematologic disorders. Each chapter has many tables and illustrations. Colors are used not only in figures but also in the text which makes the reading and understanding easier. Highly referenced and very didactic. Highly recommended. A must for every department of pediatrics" Pediatric Endocrinology Reviews, Dec 2009
By Stuart H. Orkin, MD, Chairman, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; David G. Nathan Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA; David E. Fisher, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; A. Thomas Look, MD, Division of Pediatrics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA; Samuel MD Lux, IV; David Ginsburg, MD, Professor of Medicine, Howard Hughs Medical Institute, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI and David G. Nathan, MD, President Emeritus, Dana-Farber Cancer Institue, Robert A. Stranahan Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA