Computed Tomography - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$104.00|
|Print - Paperback||$104.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Radiologic technologists play an important role in the care and management of patients undergoing advanced imaging procedures. This new edition provides the up-to-date information and thorough coverage you need to understand the physical principles of computed tomography (CT) and safely produce high-quality images. You'll gain valuable knowledge about the practice of CT scanning, effective communication with other medical personnel, and sectional anatomic images as they relate to CT.
New to This Edition
- Two new chapters cover recent developments and important principles of multislice CT and PET/CT, giving you in-depth coverage of these quickly emerging aspects of CT.
- Nearly 100 new line drawings and images illustrate difficult concepts, helping you learn and retain information.
- All-new material updates you on today's CT scanners, CT and PACS, image quality and quality control for multislice CT scanners, and clinical applications.
- Comprehensively covers CT at just the right depth for technologists - going beyond superficial treatment to accommodate all the major advances in CT. One complete CT resource covers what you need to know!
- Brings you up to date with the latest in multi-slice spiral CT and its applications - the only text to include full coverage of this important topic.
- Features a chapter devoted to quality control testing of CT scanners (both spiral CT and conventional scan-and-stop), helping you achieve and maintain high quality control standards.
- Provides the latest information on: advances in volume CT scanning; CT fluoroscopy; multi-slice spiral/helical CT; and multi-slice applications such as 3-D imaging, CT angiography, and virtual reality imaging (endoscopy) - all with excellent coverage of state-of-the-art principles, instrumentation, clinical applications and quality control.
By Euclid Seeram, RT(R), BSc, MSc, FCAMRT, Medical Imaging, Advanced Studies, British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada