Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings is designed to provide students with a complete understanding of the most common procedures and techniques of all the new CLIA waived, point-of-care tests, and some moderately complex tests as they apply to the ambulatory care setting. Each chapter presents a consistent 'triad' organization by first focusing on the fundamental concepts, followed by the application of these concepts to the CLIA waived procedures, and then concluding with an application of advanced concepts to stimulate thinking. Procedure boxes are integrated throughout with step-by-step instructions and reinforced with numerous full color photos or illustrations. Throughout the text, there is also a strong emphasis placed on safety and government compliance.
- Complete coverage of the most common CLIA waived tests for any health care professional in the ambulatory setting.
- Each chapter presents a consistent "Triad" Organization including: Fundamental Concepts (basic knowledge related to the appropriate tests and procedures), CLIA waived Procedures (step-by-step procedures associated with CLIA waived tests), and Advanced Concepts (helps students further apply basic knowledge and application of skills towards a level of critical thinking and decision making).
- Procedure boxes provide step-by-step instructions with numerous full color photos or illustrations.
- Key Terms are defined at the beginning of each chapter and reinforced within the chapter to ensure understanding and application.
- Most Common Abbreviations associated with CLIA waived testing are included at the beginning of a chapter, where appropriate.
- Each chapter concludes with 7-10 Review Questions to help reinforce learning.
- Interactive CD-ROM, packaged with the text, includes review exercises and 5-7 clinical laboratory skills and competency modules to provide students with problem solving scenarios and to enhance learning from the text.
- IRM contains field-tested schedules, lectures, tests, procedure sheets, and tips on how to teach each chapter effectively
- Lectures parallel text and workbook exercises, making this book a great fit for online and distance learning courses.
- Provides samples of 23 of the 60 competencies AAMA requires all of accredited medical assisting programs to collect from students - making it easier for schools to collect proof of measurable outcomes.
- This text is also a good fit for MLT and phlebotomy programs because of its strong up-to-date visuals on safety, blood collection, urine collection, and specific CLIA waived tests.
By Marti Garrels, MSA, MT(ASCP), CMA, Professor and Program Chair, Medical Assisting Program, Ivy Tech State College, South Bend, IN and Carol S. Oatis, MSEd, MT, SM(ASCP), CMA, Program Chair, MA Program, Ivy Tech State College, Evansville, IN