Schmidek and Sweet: Operative Neurosurgical Techniques 2-Volume Set, 6th Edition
Indications, Methods and Results (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Wherever, whenever, or however you need it, unmatched procedural guidance is at your fingertips with the new edition of Schmidek & Sweet: Operative Neurosurgical Techniques! Completely revised under the auspices of new editor-chief Dr. Alfredo Qui±ones-Hinojosa, this comprehensive medical reference examines indications, operative techniques, complications, and results for nearly every neurosurgical procedure. Full-color illustrations, 21 new chapters, internationally-acclaimed contributors, surgical videos, and online access make it a "must have" for today's practitioner.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Rely on the knowledge and experience of new editor-in-chief Dr. Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa and leading international authorities, who offer multiple perspectives on neurosurgical challenges, from tried-and-true methods to the most current techniques.
- See exactly how to proceed with online surgical videos that guide you through each technique and procedure to ensure the best possible outcomes and results.
- Apply the latest techniques and knowledge in deep brain stimulation for epilepsy, movement disorders, dystonia, and psychiatric disorders; surgical management of blast injuries; invasive electrophysiology in functional neurosurgery; and interventional management of cerebral aneurysms and arterio-venous malformations.
- Take it with you anywhere! Access the full text, downloadable image library, video clips, and more at www.expertconsult.com.
- Hone your skills for virtually every routine and specialized procedure for brain, spinal, and peripheral nerve problems in adult patients.
- Review clinical information on image-guided technologies and infections.
- Easily understand and apply techniques with guidance from more than 1,600 full-color illustrations.
"The chapters feature introductory material about the history of the technique, followed by clearly presented treatment of
the various surgical techniques, non-surgical treatments, complications, outcomes, and a full list of references. The volumes are heavily illustrated with b&w plates and a group of color plates." -- SciTech Book News, March 2006
'We all know the Schmidek and Sweet. It has the reputation of being a user-friendly guide to surgical plans for working neurosurgeons, a source of advancing knowledge and expertise for students, trainees, and practitioners, and an overview of information useful to take to the operating room. While maintaining the book's characteristic systematic approach since the first edition, the new editor, Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, has added new sections to reflect the changes since the previous edition. Most of the new sections involve pediatric neurosurgery, endovascular surgery, spine and skull base minimally invasive techniques, and peripheral nerves. The legacy of Schmidek and Sweet continues, thanks to the expertise of Dr. Quinones-Hinojosa and the renowned neurosurgeons who contributed to this edition.' - Ramsis Farid Ghaly, MD, FACS(Ghaly Neurosurgical Associates) Doody 5 stars!
By Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, M.D, Professor of Neurosurgery and Oncology, Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, Neuroscience and Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Director, Brain Tumor Surgery Program, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Director, Pituitary Surgery Program, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD