Medical Transcription - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. As the role of medical transcriptionists undergoes significant changes arising from new and evolving technology, refined skills are necessary to thrive in the new environment. This practical text prepares transcriptionists for the demands of their evolving role, including proofreading, editing, and transcribing via computer, while also addressing other equipment used in the profession.
New to This Edition
- Explanations of the latest HIPAA guidelines regarding patient confidentiality, risk management and medical records provide guidance on adhering to regulations.
- Details on advances in speech recognition technology and trends in transcription software, including software for the sight-impaired, prepare students for technology encountered in the workplace.
- Information about the Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) exam and the new Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT) exam, including possible future developments, is included.
- Punctuation and Grammar Rule synopses are located on the inside front and back covers for quick and easy reference.
- Completely revised student CD-ROM features chapter-specific quizzes, CMT exam preparation materials, and "real life" transcription exercises.
- Dictations contained on CD-ROM offer realistic practice with diverse voice tones, accents and speaking rates.
- Authentic medical transcription documents illustrate formats for medical charts, history and physical exams, operative, x-ray, pathology and other reports. Includes shortcuts for computer formatting!
- Skill drills teach students to use references to verify information and to become familiar with new and unusual industry terms.
- Exercises and helpful hints encourage students to practice proofreading and editing skills.
- Grammar skills are demonstrated and practiced through individual chapters to bolster fundamental knowledge of punctuation, abbreviations, symbols, word endings and more.