Pathology for the Health Professions - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This introductory text provides a solid foundation of knowledge for students in health professions. Divided into two sections, general pathology and systemic pathology, it focuses on the most common diseases, which are either frequently encountered or illustrate an important principle. Each chapter begins with a review of normal tissues and organs and follows with a discussion of the major diseases. New features in this third edition include additional Did You Know boxes, more full-color illustrations, and an expanded glossary.
New to This Edition
- More Did You Know boxes provide interesting stories and curious facts about various disorders. Additions to this edition address relevant health issues such as West Nile Virus.
- An expanded glossary gives students easy access to needed definitions even if a medical dictionary is not readily available.
- Additional full-color illustrations reinforce the written message and simplify the information contained within the text.
- Clear, non-technical writing style engages students and makes difficult information easy to comprehend.
- "DEPPiCT" approach presents each major disease in the same format that includes, whenever feasible, a Definition or description, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, and Clinical features, and a short discussion on Therapy or prognosis.
- Learning objectives and a chapter outline at the beginning of each chapter inform the student of what is within the chapter and can also be used to test the student's retention upon completion of the chapter.
- A key terms list is provided at the beginning of each chapter. These terms are bolded and explained at first mention within the text. They are also defined in the glossary.
- Each chapter ends with several open-ended review questions that represent the core information from the chapter and allow students to evaluate how well they have mastered the material.
By Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS, USA