Fundamentals of Special Radiographic Procedures - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$93.95|
|Print - Paperback||$93.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Presenting the information a technologist needs to know to perform advanced diagnostic and interventional special procedures, this text provides complete coverage of topics such as angiography, cardiac catheterization, and vascular interventions. A general overview includes room design, image recording systems, injection devices, contrast media, and catheters. Coverage of specific imaging procedures includes anatomy, indications and contraindications, procedures, contrast media, patient care, equipment, and patient positioning. Discussions of cardiac and vascular interventional procedures help practicing radiographers prepare for the ARRT advanced certification exams.
New to This Edition
- End-of-chapter questions include 10 multiple-choice questions for self-assessment.
- Chapter objectives focus on the most important information to be learned.
- Updated art program includes new line drawings, diagnostic images, and equipment photographs.
- New content includes:
- Positron emission tomography
- MR angiography
- Peripheral angiography and venography
- Left heart cardiac catheterization
- Monitoring procedures and equipment during cardiac catheterization
- Extensive additions to the vascular procedures sections, including:
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Transcatheter biopsy
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts
- Inferior vena cava filters
- Information abut HIPAA
- Special tables for equipment tray setup list the items needed for each procedure.
- Chapter summaries recap the most important information and provide a quick review.
- Key terms are bolded throughout chapters.
- Special boxes draw attention to important information in the chapter.
- List of pharmaceutical resources is included in new appendix.
By Albert M. Snopek, BS, RT(R)(CV)(M)(QM), Chairman and Assistant Professor, Radiography Education Department, Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ