Current Clinical Medicine, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
Current Clinical Medicine's 2nd edition, by the world famous Cleveland Clinic, is an Internal Medicine reference that gives you authoritative and actionable information wherever you are, whenever you need it. More than 40 updated chapters, 13 new chapters, and 30% new illustrations ensure that you’ll have access to the most up-to-date guidance. In addition to its user-friendly, easy-access format and consistent, reliable coverage, this Expert Consult title includes a website with the complete contents of the book, fully searchable, downloadable images, and more, to keep you and your practice completely current.
New to This Edition
- Includes many new chapters-including Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Head and Neck Cancer, Takayasu's Arteritis, and Non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin Lymphoma-as well as more than 40 substantially revised chapters, that ensure that you’ll have access to the most current coverage.
- Features 30% new illustrations that provide you with updated details, concepts, and procedures.
- Includes access to a website featuring the complete contents of the book, fully searchable, access to patient information sheets, links to the Gold Standard Drug database, and much more, to keep you completely current.
- Provides consistent, reliable coverage to keep you on the top of your game.
- Includes summary boxes and algorithms for quick, confident diagnosis and treatment of each condition.
- Features a user-friendly format so you can find information quickly and easily.
- Contains more than a hundred full-color illustrations with a special focus on dermatology for highly visual guidance.
- Uses evidence-based gradings to help you evaluate your diagnoses.
DOODY'S BOOK REVIEW SERVICE
NEW REVIEW -- CAREY / Current Clinical Medicine 2010, 2nd Edition. Elsevier, 2010, $110.00. Imprint: Saunders.
Carey, William D., MD
This is a superb second edition of an outstanding comprehensive reference on internal medicine that is well organized by organ system, then by specific topics. Not every known esoteric fact about an organ system is detailed, but there is great depth to the topics that are covered. This edition includes a print and an online version, which is extremely easy to access and use.
The purpose is well stated by the editor, in quoting the founding fathers of the Cleveland Clinic, "More than words, the Cleveland Clinic culture provides an environment of mutual support for development of best clinical practices and for education of those within and without its walls." This book embodies the educational goals and does credit to those founding fathers.
It is complete with everything students, residents, attendings, and faculty members need to practice and to teach. Each section is edited by a leading member of the Cleveland Clinic.
Each chapter covers the definition, prevalence, pathogenesis, signs and symptoms, treatment, and outcomes of its topic, along with references and additional suggested readings. The color illustrations and tables are well constructed and, for the most part, intuitive. The color pathology slides are well done and the radiologic images are well chosen and well annotated.
This is a valuable addition to an internist's or faculty member's library. I have found it exceptionally useful for easily finding the appropriate graphics for teaching purposes. I cannot overemphasize the quality of the online version.
Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!