Pharmacology, 3rd Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Pharmacology, by George Brenner, PhD, and Craig Stevens, PhD, is a succinct textbook that allows you to move through pharmacology at an accelerated pace, while showing you how to apply the most important concepts to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making. Online access to Student Consultfeaturing with the complete contents of the book...convenient chapter-by-chapter summaries...USMLE-style questions...and much more...enhances your study and exponentially boosts your reference power. The all-new, full-color format in the new editioncombined with a consistent chapter organizationmakes learning and review efficient, while straightforward and clear illustrations explain difficult concepts and help you with retention of the material. Thorough revisions throughout provide you with the latest information on pharmacology, and all-new review questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your mastery of the subject to prepare you for both course exams and the USMLE Step 1.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features an all-new full-color format that offers a more visually appealing layout that makes learning and review more efficient.
- Presents all new self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter that let you test yourself and prepare for your exams.
- Includes a case study for each chapter that links basic science with clinical practice.
- Provides a convenient online chapter-by-chapter summary via Student Consult that makes review easier.
- Provides online access to Student Consult where where you’ll find the complete contents of the book...convenient chapter-by-chapter summaries...USMLE-style questions...Integration Links to bonus content in other Student Consult titles...and much more—that enhances your study and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Focuses on “must-know” pharmacology information that fosters an efficient mastery of the subject.
- Summarizes information in tables throughout for quick reference.
- Features straightforward and clear full-color illustrations that enhance understanding and retention.
- Presents integrated material from other basic sciences that show how drugs affect the body.
- Includes drug classification boxes at the beginning of each chapter that make this important information easy to locate and review.
US Student: “Great format and chapter outline. The descriptions are very concise and have great information. The tables with the side effect comparisons of drugs in the same category are wonderful. The pictures that describe the mechanisms of action help illustrate and assist you in remembering the material.”
"This pharmacology textbook is one of the best for teaching a basic pharmacology course. This third edition is markedly improved over the earlier ones. Although designed especially for osteopathic and allopathic medical students, this book also would serve as an excellent text for pharmacy, nursing, and other allied health professions students who are required to take a basic pharmacology course. This book will function as a useful text for both discipline-based and integration-based curricula. Weighted Numerical Score: 98 - 5 Stars!" - Thomas L. Pazdernik, PhD(University of Kansas Medical Center), from Doody’s Reviews
By George M. Brenner, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology, Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, OK; and Craig Stevens, PhD, Professor of Pharmacology, Oklahoma State University, Tulsa, OK