Miller's Anesthesia, 7th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print, 2-Volume Set
From fundamental principles to advanced subspecialty procedures, Miller’s Anesthesia covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice. It is the go-to reference for masterful guidance on the technical, scientific, and clinical challenges you face. Now, new chapters, new authors, meticulous updates, an increased international presence, and a new full-color design ensure that the 7th edition continues the tradition of excellence that you depend on. And, as an Expert Consult title with enhanced online features, this meticulously updated 7th edition comes with easy access to the full text online, regular updates, video demonstrations, and more at www.expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Extends the breadth of international coverage with contributions from prominent anesthesiologists from all over the world, including China, India, and Sweden.
- Features 30 new authors and 13 new chapters such as Sleep, Memory and Consciousness; Perioperative Cognitive Dysfunction; Ultrasound Guidance for Regional Anesthesia; Anesthesia for Correction of Cardiac Arrhythmias; Anesthesia for Bariatric Surgery; Prehospital Emergency and Trauma Care; Critical Care Protocols; Neurocritical Care; and Renal Replacement Therapy.
- Dedicates an entire section to pediatric anesthesia, to help you address the unique needs of pediatric patients.
- Presents a new full-color design—complete with more than 1,500 full-color illustrations—for enhanced visual guidance.
- Includes access to the full-text online, as well as regular content updates, a downloadable image library, videos demonstrating techniques including thoracic epidural placement, ultrasound-guided femoral nerve catheter placement, ultrasound-guided peripheral venous access, pulmonary catheter and transesophageal echocardiography, double-lumen endobronchial tubes and bronchial blockers for lung separation, and more.
- Covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice in just two volumes.
- Offers step-by-step instructions for patient management and an in-depth analysis of ancillary responsibilities and problems.
- Incorporates ‘Key Points’ boxes in every chapter that highlight important concepts.
“Miller’s Anesthesia will enjoy a preeminent place on the bookshelves of anesthesiologists for the foreseeable future.”—Anesthesiology, review of the last edition.
“A ‘must’ for anyone engaged in the clinical practice of anesthesia.”—Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, review of the last edition.
“Miller’s Anesthesia offers a good solution to aging information, a companion web site that is routinely updated.”—Anesthesia Analgesia, review of the last edition.
By Ronald D. Miller, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, Professor of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
; Lars I. Eriksson, Professor and Academic Chair, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
; Lee Fleisher, MD, Robert Dunning Dripps Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
; Jeanine P. Wiener-Kronish, MD, Henry Isaiah Dorr Professor of Research and Teaching in Anaesthetics and Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Anesthetist-in-Chief, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
and William L. Young, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA