Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$96.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing: Techniques of Manual Examination, 8th Edition is the original handbook of manual evaluation of muscular strength. In addition to offering traditional methods for assessing and grading skeletal muscle function, the book provides a comprehensive section on muscle anatomy and innervations that rounds out the testing chapters by linking muscle topography and function. This edition includes a new DVD of tests and procedures video clips that supplement the tests explained in the book.
New to This Edition
- Companion DVD features video of over 100 muscle tests illustrating the art and technique of muscle testing in a clinical setting.
- Updated references for each chapter feature the most current information available.
- Helpful Hints and Substitutions boxes provide additional tips and highlight muscle substitutions that may occur during a test to ensure greater accuracy in testing.
- Clearly identifies each muscle in the body by a constant reference number that can be found indexed in the Alphabetical List of Muscles by Region and Ready Reference Anatomy to help the reader quickly identify any muscle.
- Richly illustrated to clearly show testing sequences, muscle anatomy, and muscle innervation for more accurate practice.
By Helen Hislop, PhD, ScD, FAPTA, Professor Emerita, Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; and Jacqueline Montgomery, MA, PT, Former Director of Physical Therapy, Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey, CA; Former Clinical Professor, Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA