Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology, 6th Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology examines the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents, detailing the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Drs. James T. Cassidy, Ross E. Petty, Ronald M. Laxer, and Carol B. Lindsley discuss recent developments in diagnosis, treatment, genetics, immunology, imaging, and more. This new edition features access to the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, where you’ll find a downloadable image gallery and exclusive web-only content for added value.
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image gallery of all illustrations from the text and supplemental tables and figures exclusively on the web.
- Keep current with coverage of new topics including macrophage activation syndrome, pediatric sarcoidosis, uveitis, imaging, and occupational and physical therapy.
- Tap into detailed discussions of recent advances in the field, new research on the immunologic mechanisms of inflammatory disease, and new developments on biologic treatments for arthritis in ten new chapters.
- Master complex concepts and key techniques with a full-color design and full-color illustrations.
- Diagnose and treat effectively through exhaustive reviews of the complex symptoms and signs and lab abnormalities that characterize these clinical disorders.
- Choose treatment protocols based on the best scientific evidence available today.
- Apply the knowledge and experience of the leading experts in the field.
"The book is well written by several of the recognised experts in the world of paediatric rheumatology. As every good textbook should, it starts with a basic introduction to the subject then works its way around the underlying anatomical and immunological concepts required to understand the disease processes…Overall the Textbook of Paediatric Rheumatology will retain its place as the standard for its subject. " Dr. Simon Fountain-Polley - Review of 5th edition
"This remains the gold-standard reference in pediatric rheumatology and is a must-have for any physician caring for children with rheumatic diseases. This much-anticipated revision continues to provide a comprehensive and coherent review of the field. In addition to more up-to-date information on biologics, classification schemes, and disease pathophysiology, this edition also includes updates such as color figures, tables, and images in the book as well as access to an online version with additional information." - Bradley W Ornstein, MD, Doody’s Review, 4 stars!
By James T. Cassidy, MD, Professor of Child Health; Chief, Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Department of Child Health, University of Missouri Health Sciences Center and Children's Hospital, Columbia, MO; Ross E. Petty, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Professor of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia; Head, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, British Columbia Children's Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Ronald Laxer, MD and Carol Lindsley