Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound and Laser Light Handbook - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This one-of-a-kind handbook is an excellent, quick-reference refresher on key points related to the appropriate and effective use of electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and laser light in clinical rehabilitative practice. In a convenient outline format, it summarizes the basic principles of how these modalities work and presents guidelines for clinical applications - including the use of electrical stimulation to manage pain, produce muscle contractions, and increase local circulation.
- Information is presented in an outline format featuring numbered lists, succinct explanations, and easy-to-read material.
- Thumb tabs for easy navigation through the modalities and application guidelines help users quickly find the information they need.
- Up-to-date, clinically relevant references from the most current literature ensure best practice guidelines.
- Clear photos and line drawings on nearly every page of this densely illustrated book provide at-a-glance reference and instruction, ideal for the clinical setting.
- Recommended applications and treatment parameters are provided to guide the practitioner through special tests.
- Contraindications and precautions inform practitioners when a particular test should be avoided and what potential adverse effects may occur.
By Michelle H. Cameron, MD, PT, OCS, Oregon Health & Science University, Department of Neurology, Portland, OR