Dental Radiography - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Inside you'll find the essential principles of radiation and the technical skills necessary for the safe and effective use of radiation in the dental office. The book serves as both a textbook and training manual by providing comprehensive coverage of basic theory and complete technical instruction. Procedures are presented in a detailed step-by-step format with accompanying illustrations, rationales, and charting notes. Includes a new interactive student CD-ROM.
New to This Edition
- An interactive CD-ROM, included in every book, features a variety of interactive exercises such as radiograph mounting and mastering steps in equipment assembly; animations to visualize key concepts of how digital radiographs are produced, panoramic positioning errors, and what happens within the dental x-ray tube; and patient case studies in the same format as the national board exam.
- New chapters on Descriptive Terminology and Interpretation of Restorations, Dental Materials, and Foreign Objects to ensure students know these topics inside and out, before they're tested on them when they take the national board exam.
- Chapters are short with topics separated into easy-to-digest sections.
- Content is divided into six parts, covering all necessary aspects of dental radiography
- Step-by-step procedures throughout the chapters include rationales and charting notes along with essential illustrations and photos to demonstrate techniques properly.
- Quiz questions for each chapter help students assess knowledge and comprehension.
- Example boxes are used throughout the chapters to further explain a process or why it is performed a certain way.
By Joen Iannucci, DDS, MS, Associate Professor of Clinical Dentistry, Section of Primary Care, Director, Sterilization Monitoring Service, The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH; and Laura Jansen Howerton, CDH, MS, Clinical Associate Professor, University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC, USA