Periodontology for the Dental Hygienist - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$80.95|
|Print - Paperback||$80.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. PERIODONTOLOGY FOR THE DENTAL HYGIENIST covers all aspects of periodontology, from the history of its study, to client assessment, to therapeutic and surgical approaches. The bulk of information is organized to be directly applicable to what hygienists will need to know to treat clients effectively. Also included is discussion of how periodontal conditions relate to general health and systemic factors. Now in full color, the detail and attractiveness of the content keep it ahead of its competition. Students of dental hygiene will find this book their cornerstone of periodontology, while practicing dental hygienists will find Periodontology for the Dental Hygienist an invaluable reference source.
New to This Edition
- New chapter on prognosis after periodontal therapy, thereby including the full spectrum of the treatment continuum.
- New features in every chapter include learning outcomes, key terms, summary points, updated references, and additional review questions.
- A wide variety of visual aids includes hundreds of full-color clinical photographs, illustrations, and diagrams.
- Updated and increased number of case studies are presented to prepare students for
- A glossary at the back of the book allows students to locate terminology quickly.
- A new student CD-ROM provides flexible student study options and a multi-media approach to material presented, featuring case studies and answers/rationales for study questions.
- Text is focused to specifically target the topics taught in periodontics courses in dental hygienist programs.
- Dental terminology is clearly explained and introduced in the initial stages of each chapter to better acclimate students to their usage and mastery.
- Tables and boxes present information in a clear and tidy manner to facilitate learning new concepts.
- Learning outcomes introduced in the initial stages of each chapter guide students toward clear goals and allow them to focus effort on the most important aspects of the content.
By Dorothy A. Perry, RDH, PhD, Associate Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Preventive and Resorative Dental Sciences, Chair, Division of Dental Hygiene, School of Dentistry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; and Phyllis L. Beemsterboer, RDH, MS, EdD, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR