Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygiene is a text that focuses on the topics typically taught in the dental hygiene curriculum, setting this text apart from all other oral pathology texts. It presents the necessary information in a clear, simple manner. Based on suggestions from reviewers of past editions, this book features more user-friendly chapters that have been reorganized to be more efficient and concise, in addition to flowing in a more logical order. It provides readers of varying skill and experience levels with the information necessary to understand, recognize, and evaluate pathologic conditions and diseases likely to be encountered. Full-color, atlas-style text provides the perfect format for a subject requiring so much visual instruction. Clinical photographs, radiographs, and color photomicrographs showcase the diseases and conditions dental hygienists will most likely encounter and treat in practice, as well as helping them learn to identify the appearance of disease formations at the skeletal and cellular levels. Review questions at the end of each chapter help prepare students for taking the national exam and four clinical practicing hygienists.
New to This Edition
- A new student CD-ROM gives students the opportunity to work through case studies from illustrations in the text.
- All photomicrographs and line illustrations are in full color, better enabling identification of cellular structure and key points in the images.
- References have been thoroughly updated to produce the most current material available.
- A for-sale image collection of CD-ROM for instructors enables them to incorporate hard-to-find clinical photos into their lectures and exams.
- Evolve site with instructors' materials.
- Extraordinary illustrations provide the visual documentation needed to identify and further understand the abnormalities in the oral cavity and their effects.
- Well-known and highly regarded, the Olga Ibsen and Joan Phelan team brings credibility and expertise to this text.
- Easy-to-read synopses of diseases and their characteristics appear at the end of the chapters and allow the reader to review critical information in an organized, concise format.
- Focused presentation of material only covers issues that directly affect the dental hygienist role in oral health, taking the guesswork out of determining what facts are pertinent to the practitioner's needs and making it the perfect text for DH oral pathology courses.
- Vocabulary and definitions displayed at the beginning of each chapter help the reader better comprehend the text and grasp the meaning of various terms within the context of discussion.
- Learning objectives present a guide to the expectations and what will be learned in each chapter.
- Review questions help readers evaluate their knowledge of chapter materials, and answers located at the back of the book give immediate feedback, making it easy to refer back for further study.
- A full glossary provides easy access to the information they need about a new term without having to search through the chapter in which the term is located.
By Olga A. C. Ibsen, RDH, MS, Adjunct Professor, University of New Haven, West Haven, CT; Formerly, Associate Professor of Clinical Dentistry and Supervisor of Dental Radiology, Columbia University, School of Dental and Oral Surgery, New York, NY; and Joan Anderson Phelan, DDS, Chief, Dental Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Northport, NY; Associate Professor, Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY