Saunders Medical Assisting Exam Review - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Completely updated to meet the current standards of the AAMA and the AMT, this streamlined review tool provides at-a-glance access to the concepts and competencies covered in the CMA and RMA examinations. It features comprehensive pre- and post-tests - available as pencil-and-paper tests or electronically on the companion CD-ROM - that mirror the content and format options of the certification exams. Practice tests include clear rationales that help identify areas where more study is needed. Test-taking tips and study techniques offer helpful suggestions on improving retention and recall.
New to This Edition
- New chapters on HIPAA and IV Therapy include the latest information to match the current standards of the AAMA and AMT.
- Offers the latest information on the top 50 drugs most commonly encountered in practice.
- Updated laboratory tests and normal values reflect the most recent advances in laboratory testing technology.
- Additional illustrations clarify key concepts.
- Three 100-question pre-tests covering general, administrative, and clinical medical assisting concepts and competencies.
- Convenient, easy-to-read outline format streamlines key information for at-a-glance review.
- Study tips and test-taking strategies help students focus their review efforts and familiarize them with the format and concepts found on the CMA and RMA exams.
- Companion CD-ROM offers an electronic testing experience, with electronic versions of all the pre-tests in the text, as well as 1100 review questions.
By Deborah E. Holmes, RN, MLT, CMA-C, MA, Specialty Certificate Coordinator, Continuing Education, Methodist College, Omaha, NE; Former Medical Assisting Program Chair, Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, IA and Joanna Bligh, MEd, CMA, RT(R)(ret), Director, Medical Division, Northeast Career Schools, Manchester, NH; Senior Medical Writer, Excerpta Medica, Bridgewater, NJ; Guest Lecturer, Medical Assisting Program, Bryman College, Tacoma, WA