Computerized Medical Office Procedures - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
With this easy-to-follow, hands-on guide, you will be completely prepared for your first medical assisting job. Computerized Medical Office Procedures, a Worktext Using Medisoft Version 14 covers the most common administrative and financial functions that a medical assistant performs. Step-by-step procedures walk you through basic tasks - everything from how to input patient information to appointment scheduling to billing insurance companies to accounting procedures - and more. Concepts are presented in small, easy-to-digest segments, and a two-week simulation lets you apply the skills you have learned. Written by educator William D. Larsen, this book helps you develop the front-office competencies you need!
New to This Edition
- Collections in the Medical Office chapter covers the use of Medisoft to perform such tasks as creating collection letters, entering a tickler item, and printing collection trace reports.
- The Elsevier Clinic may be used in performing Medisoft tasks.
- Reminders at the end of each chapter help you develop the useful habit of backing up your data.
- New HOW TO document on the Evolve website explains how to save printed assignments as PDF files so you can e-mail assignments to instructors.
- Easy-to-read, conversational writing style makes it easy to follow and understand even difficult concepts.
- Step-by-step procedures with accompanying computer screens guide you through each administrative task.
- Learning objectives emphasize the most important points to help you get the most out of each chapter.
- Checking Your Understanding helps you review the key points of each chapter.
- Putting It into Practice activities make it easy to apply software concepts.
- Day-by-Day Simulations provide you with experience similar to working in a real-world medical office.
- Medisoft software offers hands-on practice with a real-world practice management system. Sold separately.
By William D. Larsen, MBA, CMA, Medical Assistant Program Coordinator, National American University