Textbook of Veterinary Physiology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Now with full-color illustrations, this easy-to-follow text takes the vast subject of physiology and focuses on concepts most important to the practice of veterinary medicine. It includes coverage of physiopathology and clinical problem-solving techniques, making this a practical resource for any practice. The book's logical, body-system organization makes it easy to find specific information. This edition includes a new chapter on cancer and a new section on the immune system.
New to This Edition
- Cancer and Cell Cycle Control chapter describes the malfunction of the cell involved in neoplasia, essential background to diagnosing and treating cancer in pets.
- Immune Function section covers the normal function of the immune system and how it may be affected by autoimmune and immunodeficiency disorders, leading to several types of diseases.
- Expanded information on diabetes mellitus includes the culmination of diabetes, diabetic ketoacidosis, and dietary management of Type 2 diabetes in cats.
- Clinical Correlations boxes - increased by 25% in this edition - show how principles and concepts of physiology may be applied to the diagnosis and treatment of veterinary patients.
- Summaries of essential points open each chapter, introducing new concepts and helping you prepare for examinations.
- Practice questions on the Evolve website make it easy to review for examinations or practice by taking sample exams.
By James G. Cunningham, DVM, PhD, Associate Professor, Departments of Physiology and Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA; and Bradley G. Klein, PhD, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, VA, USA