Exotic Animal Formulary - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Designed to be a concise, quick reference for veterinarians and anyone working with exotic animals, this portable formulary addresses common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Coverage of all drugs -- including antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiparasitic agents -- provides appropriate dosage information and comments for all exotic species. This resource features extensive coverage of birds, as well as recommendations on therapies and diets in the appendices.
New to This Edition
- Many new drugs have been added.
- All drug dosages have been re-checked to ensure accuracy.
- Twelve excellent contributing authors have joined this edition.
- Covers all exotic species in a quick-reference format.
- User-friendly layout is formatted in columns with the agent, dosage, and comments easy to locate on the page.
- Features an extensive section on birds, the most common of exotic pets.
- Detailed appendices include classification of select antimicrobials used in exotic animal medicine, therapies commonly used in exotic animals, and selected laboratories conducting avian and reptile diagnostic procedures
By James W. Carpenter, MS, DVM, Dipl ACZM, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS